Wednesday, January 10, 2007
"Ma- Mayama! Long time no see..."
"Yamada-san! Long time no see, right? You look great! How's work at Fujiwara Design? Ahaha, silly me. Fujiwara Design must be doing great -- of course since you're part of the team!"
"Ma- Mayama."
"Ano sa, how's everybody? Nomiya-san?" I asked.
"Nomiya? Ahh, same old. He's doing great." um... did I bring him up to this conversation? Yamada looks a little red. Maybe because she was caught off guard when we accidentally met in the mini-mart. Yeah, it was morning and after locking up the complex, I decided to buy a pack of coffee at the mini mart and some smoke. Before I got there, I greeted Yamada-san while she was carrying a bag of bread. "Mayama, you look fantastic. I mean..."
"Ahaha. Really? I have been staying up late for the past week. I also had troubles sleeping. That wretched Morita-san."
"Morita?!" I slipped because Yamada startled me.
"M-hmm, he's staying over at our old complex before February. He'll leave for US next month and start a new project there."
"You know, we also had a New Year's party. Too bad you guys didn't make it. Not to mention the Christmas party. However, since we're all busy with work, I guess it only makes sense."
"Gomen. I could've made it earlier if it weren't for the long work."
"Ah, Mayama, there's no need to apologize. Shuu-sensei and Hagu-chan would've felt troubled if you rushed your work."
"Well, I couldn't speak for Takemoto-kun and Morita. But I wish I could've joined you guys." You know I hate being left out. Plus, making me and Rika-san work overtime for nothing. "Yamada-san, I'll make sure to visit you guys this month. Okay?"
"Mm-hmm. I'll let them know. Well, I'll be going now."
"Uh- uh... Yamada-san. 'Wanna grab some coffee?"
|
archives
|